Sunday, July 29, 2007

July Studio Work



Throughout July, much spare time has been devoted to experimentation and construction of items to aid the physical process of painting etc. I built some corner devices in order to stack pieces in the working position and be able to work on several at once. Previously, I had used unreliable lengths of wood to similar effect.

Shown above left is the continuing development of 163. I have been enjoying the creation of home-made paint, though have no idea of its longevity. Theoretically it will have the same properties as corporate paint, but with a greater colour strength and depth.

Yesterday, I purchased items in order to facilitate the birth of 143, a work inspired by a Jet Engine. The very early stages of an armature can be seen above right. Meanwhile, 162 continues at a regular pace, having been subjected to a number of coats of varnish.

No comments: