The AF2012 Opening was well attended, and populated with a wide range of associates from various phases of life. Clearly, few people enjoy the work if you choose not to talk about it and make some jokes about not wanting to meet various journalists and interested parties. But I didn't talk anyway. Talking about work has concerned me primarily because I don't know where to start, and I'm not entirely sure what I could add to the work as a commentator. The 'themes' make sense to me, but it's unclear how they convert accurately to words, especially in spoken conversation. A written account might offer slightly more time to consider the appropriate words, but is less immediate. It would be helpful to note a list of key words to mention, or perhaps just thematic headings, but equally helpful if they didn't keep evolving. Not that evolution is bad, it's just odd to bring something up and then not mean it and then have everyone say that's what your work is 'about'.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
i spy "him" next to "it"
Post a Comment